May 20, 2016

Dreamy Sea: Rondel

Beautiful night, glowing moon,
it’s you and me forever to be,
night hums a mellow tune,
singing lullaby for me and thee.

Wishes fly in sandy dunes,
on the shores of dreamy sea,
beautiful night, glowing moon,
it’s you and me forever to be.

But this dream ends soon,
reality is different to see,
vanishing suddenly you and me,
dissolving in vast lagoon,
beautiful night, glowing moon.

Rondel: French poetry form; 13 lines. The rhyme pattern is A. B. a. b.. and .a. b. A. B. for the first two stanzas and a quintain for the final stanza that mirrors the first two stanzas, with the last line repeating the first line of the first stanza . The meter is open but like most French poetry, usually of eight syllables.

8 comments:

Launna said...

Reality is different for me, vanishing suddenly... that resonated with me... very well written Vandana xox

brudberg said...

The vanishing - when night is comfort daylight can be harsh.

Phil Slade said...

A lovely verse. And now I know the measning of "rondel". Thank you.

Scarlet said...

I love dreamy write but how sad that it has to end so soon ~

Hope you are well Vandana ~

Grace

brudberg said...

The moon hides that sooth for melancholy.. how bittersweet and wonderful this is.

Mary said...

Oh this is so beautifully romantic! Nice to see you.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ah you made me see that beautiful night and glowing moon. Lovely.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I love this..❤️ such a wistful and romantic write ❤️❤️