Apr 27, 2014

Desert: Cavatina

As I walk through this life’s vast desert,
crying lonely,
mirage and moonscape blur my vision.
Moving slowly,
in wilderness without hope and support,
dying only.
Dusty -harsh winds blow, wither- tear me,
water, dew, shade or rain drops, none I see.  
Sauntering ahead in land of unknown,
something glistens,
it’s not an illusion, spirit or maze,
at a distance.
Guides me further, paves my path, calms me down,
my plea he listens.
Oh! great god - pious and gracious,
you are where I find my oasis.


A cavatina is an Italian form consisting of a ten syllable non rhyming line alternating with a four syllable rhyming line, at least three times and completed with a ten syllable line couplet.

9 comments:

Grace said...

What a challenging form, I specially like that ending line - you are where I find my oasis.

Truedessa said...

A powerful poem with many layers in the journey..the ending brings satisfaction..smiles..

aspiritofsimplicity said...

great write. It fits the illustration perfectly

Charleen said...

This is beautiful.

jai said...

Good cavatina-
The exemplary theme,
in non-rhyme.

Brian Miller said...

what a great last line....you are where i find my oasis...what a comfort it is to rest in....smiles.

ayala said...

Beautiful poem!

Other Mary said...

I too like your last line. Interesting form, thank you for sharing this.

Rose said...

Wow, you like a challenge don't you! Very well done love the picture and the words are
incredibly beautiful :)