Feb 9, 2014

Forest Princess


Thou shall live in my heart for eternity,
I ride the unicorn o’er and above the hills,
beside a lake I wait to gaze at your reflection,
drinking dew from ferns, I quench my thirst.
In this vast forest I roam like a doe,
jumping around the boulders making my way,
on the tender leaves I fly with wind,
beneath bindweed’s petals lies my abode,
I feel your presence clinging to its node.
When the sun shines I see thy face,
at moonrise thy face I seek,
my soul pledged to thee forever and ever….
and thou shall live in my heart for eternity.


8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ah a beautiful love in a very fanciful scene...i like the riding of unicorn...and the prancing like a doe...love will def do that to you...smiles.

jai said...

Sita taking self exile to forest,
With Ram in her heart to rest.

Other Mary said...

Sounds like a forest fairy!

Hardi said...

Such a lovely poem Vandana :)

Anonymous said...

Oh this was amazing! So dreamy and wonderful! I loved, loved, loved it! :-)

Rose said...

So fabulously romantic, beautiful!

Mary said...

This is very touching!

Unknown said...

Your words paint a beautiful picture in my mind, Thank you for sharing such a lovely write... smiles.