Apr 19, 2015

One Day Soon : Trijan Refrain

                        Brooke Shaden Photography

I wish one day soon,
I fly above the black space,
to touch my beloved moon,
to feel his cold touch and pace,
and relive this life once more,
under moon’s gentle core,
and relive this life,
and relive this life,
I wish one day, his love pours.

I wish one day soon,
I leave my human form,
and meet my beloved moon,
together with him I’ll roam,
to places far off from earth,
in a realm away from death and birth,
to places far off,
to places far off,
I wish one day, these wishes unearth.

I wish one day soon,
the light shines upon,
glowing my icy moon,
stars smile on and on,
with love and delight.
Light burning upright,
with love,
with love,
I wish one day, everything is bright.

The Trijan Refrain:
x. x. x. x. x. x. x. a.
x. x. x. x. x b.
x. x. x. x. x. x. x. a.
x. x. x. x. x. b.
R. R. R. R. x. x. x. c.
x. x. x. x. x. x. x. c.
R. R. R. R.
R. R. R. R.
x. x. x. x. x. x. x. c. 

25 comments:

Gail said...

Fantastic moon shot and the perfect wishes to go with it.

Thanks for visiting.

RMP said...

hmmm...lovely. I enjoyed the flow of the form and admit I'm a bit jealous of you and the moon.

brudberg said...

Oh I love how you find your way to with the moon. What av dreamfilled poem.

Natašek said...

lovely, there is a strong connection.

kaykuala said...

Dreaming of the moon and all its goodness and smoothness from earth's distance makes it a great dream! Wonderful new form Vandana!

Hank

Poppy said...

I wish for you, to find your moon, to float your days away in flight.

Poppy

Sumana Roy said...

The moon has always charmed and enchanted poets...moonstruck souls do weave dream radiating beauty...

Old Egg said...

I think we all should try falling in love with the impossible for in our dreams it could come true.

Kerry O'Connor said...

The end result of this painstaking form is very beautiful.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This poem reflects your romantic person as a Poet :D
Loved the sentiments..!
xoxo

Mary said...

What a lovely poem of yearning, Vandana! We all need dreams.

Gabriella said...

I like how the use of repetitions work in your poem by giving it a soothing rhythm.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I would love it if you tried that form :)
You might be better at it than me :D

Lots of love
xoxo

Gillena Cox said...

nice form; lovely wishes; you wish upon a moon

have a nice Sunday
thanks for dropping in to read mine

much love...

Myrna R. said...

I wiish one day we meet on the moon, floating in light. This is a most beautiful poem. It made me feel peaceful.

my heart's love songs said...

i love how you made this form flow with a beautiful rhythm! and what poet is not enchanted by the moon?

Donna@LivingFromHappiness said...

I love this form! Like a song, chanting to cosmos to follow the moon...a lovely dream!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautifully done. The rhyming and repetition works very effectively here.

C.C. said...

Thank you for this introduction to the trijan refrain. I had never heard of it before!

Tammy said...

i also always wished i cold go to the moon

My Brain is a Cheap Gadget That Spins

Wendy Bourke said...

Transcendent - the refrain lovely and haunting!

Susan said...

Power! The lines and repetitions show a wish very dear for the life beyond mortality. Scarey/cool. I've never seen the moon as male! But here, as a companion and promise of brightness, that truly works.

Peggy said...

Love how you used the form--good job there. It seemed like a song lyric. Thank for visiting my blog.

ZQ said...

Well done and with art and talent!
ZQ

Gen Giggles said...

Excellent poem. I loved the form used.