Apr 18, 2015

Lie To Me : Rondine

Lie to me about beautiful things,
of green sea, of winter land,
of a fairy’s magical wand,
of olive trees in jungle within,
of unforgettable memorable spring,
holding hands in hands,
lie to me.

http://artboom.info/photography/brooke-shaden-conceptual-photography.html

Flying on ethereal wings,
journeying across the sands,
crossing the time’s strands,
where an angel sings,
lie to me.
For IGWRT. Quote, I chose for the prompt is, ' “Hello. I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No."- Leonardo Nemoy

 
Rondine : Has two stanzas, a septet (7 lines), and a quintet (5 lines), making the poem a total of 12 lines. There is a refrain in which the last line of each stanza mimics the first phrase of the first line. R.Rhyme Scheme : (R a). b. b. a. a. b. R....a. b. b. a. R.



16 comments:

brudberg said...

I must say I also thrive on such lies. Truth is overrated

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! The words 'crossing the time's strands' especially spoke to me (in Leonard Nimoy's voice).

Mary said...

These are wonderful lies...! Smiles.

Gillena Cox said...

i know what you mean, i was listening to some old song on the radio, only last night and saying to my self wow these are such gullable lies and yet they are lovable lies we still listen to and hum the tunes

thanks for stopping over to read mine

much love...

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This poem is so dreamy... I feel like closing my eyes and flying like the people shown in the picture! Absolutely loved it Vandana :D
Thanks for stopping by :)
xoxo

Susie Clevenger said...

Those lies are something I could thrive on. Beautiful poem

Marian said...

If only they were truths.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautiful!

Other Mary said...

With lies like these it's difficult to want the truth. Excellent!

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is lovely - both uplifting and imaginative.

Debi Swim said...

Beautiful poem, Vandana. We like to hear those lies too well.

Gail said...

I really like this.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Lovely! And I am glad to learn of the rondine.

grapeling said...

very cool ~

The Bizza said...

Whimsical and fun! I love this!

Jim said...

Nice, Vandana. Sometimes I like to be lied to also. Especially if it's about me.
..