Oct 2, 2014

I Don’t Belong To Anywhere Or To Anyone: Blues Stanza

I am a lonely leaf,
stuck here all alone, a lonely leaf,
soaked in pain and grief.

I carry a varicose heart,
crying and sad heart,
every word a piercing dart.

The wind brushes by,
caresses me and glides by,
it’s soothing touch,  a lie.

The world cares for blooms,
happiness it gets from blooms,
a sole leaf in this world has no room.

I don’t belong to anywhere,
no place to go anywhere,
my destiny is tied up here.

I am a lonely leaf,
stuck here all alone, a lonely leaf,
soaked in pain and grief.




The Blues stanza is poetry derived in the late 9th century from the Afro-American lamentation and sadness. The Rhyme scheme : A. A. a. . B. B. b. . C. C. c. etc.

14 comments:

Mary said...

Oh I can imagine how lonely the leaf must be if it has been blown to a place no other leaves have fallen. You have worked this form very well, Vandana.

Other Mary said...

I really like the way you used the form. I can imagine it being sung with bluesy music.

kaykuala said...

Sadly it can happen to many in various circumstances. How far can the sad feelings be allowed to fester! Great lines Vandana!

Hank

21 Wits said...

But you are a most lovely lonely leaf, that must take a leap of faith.....!

Nilanjana Bose said...

Nice! a very happy Navratras to you and yours, Vandana.

Wendy Bourke said...

Interesting form to pin the subject matter against - and an imaginative personification.

Brian Miller said...

varicose heart....what an evocative turn of phrase that is....
def sad...and i can imagine the loneliness of the leaf....

RMP said...

oh, I find such a lonely leaf as beautiful as a fresh bloom. lovely write.

Suzy said...

You captured its loneliness well. An interesting rhyme scheme. Enjoyed your poem.

Hardi said...

Maybe this will find another lonely leaf :)

I loved this form!

Grace said...

How terribly sad but so well done with the form Vandana ~ Have a good weekend ~

Ankita said...

Nice poem..loneliness is such a curse...

Vandana Sharma said...

On the contrary i find peace in loneliness.

janetld said...

I enjoyed your "blues stanza." Thanks for the info about it too. From time to time, most of us are lonely leaves.