Jul 24, 2014

I Will Never Abandon You

Within the tough walls of the castle,
lives a broken soul,
loved by none and no one to applaud.

Weird ways of this world,
wither his heart,
harsh words pierce like dart.

Winter 's chill is here forever,
dry emotions leave never.

Detested by others, he hides,
nobody to walk beside.

But, I know how gentle you are inside,
tender feelings deep in you reside.
An ocean of love you hold,
filled with purity of gold.

No matter what the world says,
you are here to stay.
Let me hold your hand,
to make a promise ,
that,
I will never abandon you.

8 comments:

kaykuala said...

Let me hold your hand,
to make a promise ,
that,
I will never abandon you.

There is that feeling of obligation when 2 hearts are combined for the better good. Both would like to give more to the other. That is only being natural. Wonderful write Vandana

Hank

Other Mary said...

I like the image you chose to go with your poem. Very good work with the rhyme as well!

21 Wits said...

What an amazing image. You had me at those five beautiful words! Lovely poem.

NataĊĦek said...

very sweet.

Wendy Bourke said...

I wonderful fairytale-esque quality to this lovely poem - and to the image you selected, as well. The rhyme reinforces the timelessness of the piece and is well crafted. A delightful post, Vandana.

RMP said...

it can be hard to let someone in when the world has always been such a cold and cruel place. sometimes you need to be reminded that they see the real you, love the real you and would never let you go. this is a lovely declaration.

Preeti S. said...

Sometimes the best of hearts are dressed in the shabbiest of coats. Beautifully penned. Reminded me of Beauty and the Beast.

Brian Miller said...

how beautiful the love that endures...and lives despite what is said by others....
because in that love there is something quite powerful...smiles....