Apr 15, 2015

Painting My Own Sky : Rondeau

http://brookeshaden.com/gallery/?page=2&title=we_are_infinite
I am painting my own sky,
in the shades of black, grey and white.
Cloaked in my pathetic existence,
ghosts of my thoughts dance,
surging above the roof and moving high.

A silent melancholic lullaby,
echoes in the dead valleys and dies,
leaving my bleeding soul hanging on a lance,
painting my own sky.

Birds of dreams are dry,
never wishing to fly.
In this vast expanse,
I roam in trance,
painting my own sky.

A Rondeau is a French form, 15 lines long, consisting of three stanzas: a quintet, a quatrain, and a sestet with a rhyme scheme as follows: aabba aabR aabbaR. Lines 9 and 15 are short - a refrain (R) consisting of a phrase taken from line one

9 comments:

Gail said...

I like this.

Thanks for your visit.

Grace said...

I like the refrain, painting my own sky ~ That's a challenging poetic form, smiles ~

Shadow said...

Beautifully put together, a deep sadness trawls through your words... Keep painting that sky, Vandana!

Poppy said...

Yes, dreams can be exactly that: 'roaming in a trance' like state, and if the dream is good, one can roam forever, but if it is not, it can feel like an infinite prison.

You expressed this state so eloquently.

Poppy

Mary said...

This is beautiful. I like the thought of painting one's sky! And your words expressed it to perfection.

Nilanjana Bose said...

That's a difficult form to tackle, well done. Like the refrain - painting my own sky.

Susie Clevenger said...

"painting my own sky" perhaps it is what keeps one grounded when bleak visits. Beautiful

Bijaylaxmi said...

Lovely painting with words.. Melancholy is also part of a beautiful picture ..

Other Mary said...

Oh, I like this very much, Vanda. You've captured the melancholy mood perfectly.